Monday, April 17, 2017

Need advice for reheating pork shoulder tonight Cooking

I'm a newbie to the kitchen and this is my first time attempting anything like this so bear with me. I'm wondering what would be the best way to reheat 3.5 lbs. of bone-in shoulder pork roast. I want to pull it when it's done and incorporate it into a spring pork ramen dish. The recipe I'm following said I could slow cook the pork in broth up to 3 days ahead of time, but it doesn't mention anything about storage or reheating. Last night I let the pork reach room temp and seasoned it, seared it in a dutch oven, poured in stock + aromatics, and stuck it in the oven to cook at 325F for 2 hours. I stored it in the refrigerator with the liquid in a sealed mixing bowl, since the cook-ahead instructions didn't mentioning anything about separating it from the liquid. (Hopefully that wasn't a mistake!) Anyway, what's the best way to reheat the pork to make it easiest to pull? Should I reheat the pork and liquid separately? Any tips would be appreciated.



Submitted April 18, 2017 at 05:52AM by flyingsamovar http://ift.tt/2oQALUR Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment