Monday, December 29, 2014

Making pasta for the first time - to boil or not to boil? (GF) AskCulinary


Dear AskCulinary friends,


I've just made some gluten free pasta dough and ive rolled it out using a rolling pin... didnt have a pasta maker and also didn't think it was anything more than an expensive rolling pin...


As per the recipe I'm storing it in the refrigerator over night.


My question is: all of these recipes say that the pasta needs to be boiled to be cooked, which, in theory I'm totally fine with... But I'm making manicotti, hence why i only cared to flatten the dough into individual sheets for manicotti. Now that they're rolled out, am I supposed to try to boil them to cook them? Or can I stuff them straight away and throw them into an oven?


Thank you!







Submitted December 29, 2014 at 03:47PM by firsttime_longtime http://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinary/comments/2qp8vd/making_pasta_for_the_first_time_to_boil_or_not_to/ AskCulinary

No comments:

Post a Comment