Saturday, November 1, 2014

Why aren't there any hobby chef curing chambers on the market? Charcuterie


I've seen quite a few (impressive) homemade curing chambers and questions from Redditors about how to build such chambers out of refrigerators and wine coolers with temperature gauges and humidifiers wired into them. I'm curious as to why there aren't any such "hobby charcuterie" chambers on the market. Something designed and manufactured to regulate temps and humidity. Maybe there just aren't enough cheese makers and charcuterie makers that would want one or the costs of manufacturing such a cabinet would price it out of the market? It just seems a little odd to me that a unit like this isn't being sold.

Or maybe one does exist and I'm just clueless and can't properly use Google to find it?

Or maybe I should quit bitching and make my own? :)







Submitted November 02, 2014 at 08:22AM by neocrunch http://ift.tt/1DIN9TS Charcuterie

No comments:

Post a Comment