Friday, April 21, 2017

Tech vented r134a from my refrigerator into my home - What should I do? needadvice

I'm looking for practical, legal, and health advice here.

Today a factory authorized repair technician came to my home to complete a repair of the refrigerator. In the course of doing the repair, he vented all of the refrigerant directly into my home.

I asked him about it and he said "It was just a little" to which I replied, "That didn't sound like a little. You dumped all of it. You can't do that. Do you not have a vacuum?" He said he didn't, he "You're right. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry."

I contacted the manufacturer of my fridge to see what they're going to do to resolve the issue and I haven't gotten a call back.

At a whole, here's where I'm at:

  1. Is anyone in my home including pets at all at risk?
  2. If needed, how can I get the refrigerant out of my home?
  3. What, if any, legal pursuit, is possible? Who should I contact?


Submitted April 22, 2017 at 12:57AM by DayvanCowboy http://ift.tt/2p0plMg needadvice

No comments:

Post a Comment