Sunday, April 16, 2017

Refrigerator is too cold appliancerepair

Hi everyone, I have a GE side by side fridge that I bought used, and have spent quite a lot of time troubleshooting it and could use some advice.

Problem: the fresh food side is too cold and my food is freezing. It seems to be coldest on the top shelf, directly under the damper

What I've tried: I replaced the thermistor located in the fresh food compartment and noticed no improvements.

What I think: I noticed today that the door for the damper doesn't seem to close. The motor/condenser was off but the damper was open, providing direct air from the freezer. I then took the damper out and tried to test for continuity and got nothing. Ordered a new damper hoping that's the problem.

What do you guys think? What would stop a damper from closing? I'm hoping it's not the control board. One thing I'm wondering: the motor definitely turns on in the fridge. Is it running because the freezer is cooling down since the damper doesn't close? Theoretically, the fridge thermistor shouldn't be triggering anything since it's always cold in there right?

Thanks for any suggestions



Submitted April 17, 2017 at 08:36AM by ashhong http://ift.tt/2oO2aqB appliancerepair

No comments:

Post a Comment