Wednesday, April 19, 2017

My Trump site blew up thanks to Reddit, how do I handle orders? Entrepreneur

Ok I bite off a lot more than I can chew last week! I posted GummyTrumps.com last week. Day 1 I had more than $8,000 in sales (cc sales only https://goo.gl/LQuQ9P). I was expecting only a few, 20 tops for the day and that would be pushing it. The numbers haven't been as strong since launch day, but I also haven't done anything since then as I've been hammered with orders.

The issue is I've dug myself in a hole. I am doing all these orders myself and it seems impossible to catch up. What's some advice on fulfilling all the orders I've been receiving? I make all the gummies myself and it's taking far too long to do all orders. To create gummies is quick, it's the cooling off in the refrigerator and packing that is a killer.

To top it off I made a huge mistake with international shipping. I somehow ran calculations prior to launching that shipping a package of these gummies would only cost around $3. Well come to find out placing the gummies inside actual packaging it runs up to $8 for outside United States. I include free shipping on all orders so I've been losing $5 basically for each international order. I just changed it yesterday to where international customers have to pay for shipping now.

The total cost is $15 for a customer. Domestic shipping cost $2.24 and Intl $8. Expenses per package is $2.63 and that includes both gelatins (flavored/unflavored), citric acid, packaging bag, and padded envelope. So it's around $4.87 in expenses which doesn't include ink, water, and paper note. You have to throw in the fees from Stripe (2.9% + 30¢) and PayPal (4.95%).

It has turned into let’s just randomly make gummies, to now this consumes my life and it's driving me crazy. I have to buy more pots and a separate refrigerator. Are my numbers right? Should I be charging more or less? Any advice on how to move forward with catching up on my current orders? I do not include tracking with orders as that is about 25 cents more expensive, should I start including that?



Submitted April 19, 2017 at 10:29PM by giftedhands81 http://ift.tt/2osEWCG Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment