Saturday, December 27, 2014

Should I rent out a room in my house? personalfinance


I have a 3200 sq. ft. house in a small central Florida town. I live on a lake and have a dock. 828 sq ft. of my home is an upstairs add-on. It has a separate bathroom/bathtub(+shower) and its own separate entrance (I put my old refrigerator/microwave up there, etc.) My fiscally responsible wife's brother is interested in renting out this space. I'm not using it for anything but storage and it seems like a great idea. But, what are the down sides of renting out a room? I've never done it. I can afford my bills/mortgage just fine (I've owned the house going on 2 years). Any advice from anyone that has done this before?







Submitted December 27, 2014 at 04:56PM by coldsweetdeath http://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/2qixf8/should_i_rent_out_a_room_in_my_house/ personalfinance

No comments:

Post a Comment