Friday, October 3, 2014

Pressure canned figs, one jar didn't seal Canning


I pressure canned some figs in light syrup at 5 PSI for 15 minutes. I left them sitting out for ~24 hours and then put them in the refrigerator, where they've been for 2 weeks.


Today I noticed that one of the lids isn't sealed.


I understand that I've introduced a slight botulism risk here since figs are low acid and I let the jars sit at room temp for a day. The thing is, I'm going to use them in a beer in the next couple weeks. They will be pureed and boiled for 15 minutes as part of this process.


The unsealed jar doesn't smell bad.


Should I throw out the unsealed one?


Any other issues here?


Thanks!







Submitted October 03, 2014 at 09:14PM by mdeckert http://ift.tt/1vEDBr6 Canning

No comments:

Post a Comment