Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Coconut flour adventures and mishaps Paleo


So I purchased the Honeyville Coconut Flour to experiment with over the weekend. I was excited to work with it, and my mom even more so.


We didn't know how to work with coconut flour, but wanted to make some flatbreads. We have a half cup coconut flour with about six eggs and water and a giant mess. How do I salvage this?


My questions:Most recipes I see call for



  • Almond milk, or

  • Coconut milk, or

  • Coconut oil, or

  • Gelatine, or


  • Tapioca flour??




  • How many eggs per unit of Coconut flour? I saw several different ratios.




I thought it would be a simple coconut flour + eggs + flavoring. Can someone explain the function of the ingredients above? I have a batch of half cup coconut flour + eggs + water that I don't know how to manage. Can I leave it just so in the refrigerator until the weekend when I'll be more prepared to experiment?


And if you wouldn't mind sharing, what easy recipes do you use? I'd prefer something I can bake over the weekend and enjoy through the week.







Submitted October 30, 2014 at 07:02AM by LuisKSmith http://ift.tt/1tk7hZW Paleo

No comments:

Post a Comment