Friday, October 31, 2014

Looking for tips on saving/cellaring some beer for later Homebrewing


This is the time of year when the of so delicious porters and stouts start coming out. This year, I've decided I want to cellar some of these delicious brews, but I've never done this before. Anything I need to know? Is it as easy as stick the bottle in the back of the closet/fridge and forget it?


Example: Southern Tier's Pumking says right on the bottle to cellar between 34 and 40 degrees - this is refrigerator territory. However, I've had friends tell me to cellar my homebrew stouts in the back of a closet. Are there different cellaring conditions depending on the type of beer you want to save? Are there particular types/brands of beer that cellar better than others? Recommendations for stuff to save? How long do I save these delicious brews? Any of you have good experience cellaring beers from the store or homebrews?







Submitted November 01, 2014 at 06:38AM by Doctor_Paradox http://ift.tt/1zngqG1 Homebrewing

No comments:

Post a Comment