Thursday, October 30, 2014

You won't put the food away? Alright, I'll do it for you. pettyrevenge


I am back living at my family's house temporarily, and I've noticed recently that the bad habit of not cleaning up after themselves after cooking has now turned into just flat out not putting the cooked leftovers away at all. It is such a shame that, especially on a tight budget, any food should go to waste, so I figure as a good house guest, I should do my fair share of cleaning.


But my parents are grown ass people. And my sisters are old enough to live on their own. And maybe it's because I've recently come back after four years of independence and cultivating young adult skills, but this sort of gets under my skin when I'm putting the food away almost every night, at 1 in the morning, for grown ass adults. Yes. People just. Go to bed without putting this away. The food will go bad if I didn't. I've seen it happen. It's why I started putting it away.


So I started putting the food away in inappropriate containers. Small portions of food in exceedingly large Tupperware containers. Putting away vegetables in the cheese drawer. Filling 3 medium ziplock bags with spaghetti, complete with sauce and meatballs. And not just a little bit. To the brim. Needlessly separating ingredients that could easily be lumped together, or vice versa.


They get so annoyed with me for taking up unnecessary space in the fridge. They think I have no idea how to put things away. At least they made it to the god damn refrigerator. I'm hoping one day, they'll have enough of a problem they'll start doing it for themselves again. Or maybe it'll just have to wait until I move out and they wonder why none of the food gets put away. Either way. I am getting my revenge one gallon sized zip-lock bag with only five chicken nuggets in it at a time.







Submitted October 30, 2014 at 03:19PM by animaAuspex http://ift.tt/1zhUH22 pettyrevenge

No comments:

Post a Comment