Thursday, October 30, 2014

Can my Nexus 5 be salvaged after coffee spilled on it this morning? Nexus5


The Nexus 5 is an amazingly resilient phone. It's the best one I've ever owned. Aside from the battery, I love every aspect of it. It takes water drops like a champ, falls like a champ, and basically everything a klutz can throw at it. Hell, it survived being thrown across the room into the kitchen and against the refrigerator door for God's sake!


Anyway, I had my coffee all poured and ready to go this morning with sugar in it. The coffee cup, similar to this, with the same bottom and same metal outside broke. I don't know how, but the main part basically exploded off of the bottom plastic cap, spilling the coffee all over me, the floor, and my phone which was somewhat nearby. Because I was trying to clean the floor and my...well...me, I forgot about the phone for maybe twenty minutes or so. When I finally remembered about it, it stopped working. Wouldn't turn on at all. I cleaned off the screen and have it sitting in a bowl of rice right now, but I'm wondering. Do any of you see any potential for it working?


It is functioning slightly. My mom tried calling it earlier for me to see if she could get the screen to light up, so the phone's LED is blinking light blue for a missed call. The screen just isn't functioning, and I'm worried that the volume button probably isn't going to work either.







Submitted October 31, 2014 at 06:41AM by DarkSmarts http://ift.tt/1wKFEcY Nexus5

No comments:

Post a Comment