Sunday, February 1, 2015

TIFU because I spent the night on the other side of campus tifu


Alright, so the plan was for my parents to come and visit my sister and I at school (we both go to the same university) this past weekend. They asked if my girlfriend wanted to come along to eat so she did.


Dinner went well. We went to this vegetarian restaurant that has this really good fried cauliflower and I ended up getting this awesome egg scramble.


After dinner, we went to the local grocery store (herein lies the root of my fuck up). My parents (as they always do) offered my girlfriend to pick out any groceries she needs. We both got some of that really good Naked juice, so we would need to go back to her place to make sure they get in the refrigerator.


After dropping the stuff of at my room, I asked my parents if they could just take us to her place (on the other side of campus) so I could get a good amount of the homework done that I had. I quickly grab everything I need to get my homework done so I didn't keep my parents waiting.


My girlfriend and I make it back to her room, grab some snacks, and get a decent amount of our homework done.


When I feel that I got a sufficient amount done, I look at the clock. It's after 2 AM. There was no way I was getting back to my room tonight, so we spend the rest of the night playing video games until it's time to go to bed (I also had a cold during all of this so I REALLY did not feel like going back that late).


We wake up, everything is good. Best sleep in a long time. She looks outside "Oh my god, look at all the snow!"


Fuck.


My mom had brought up a few times that we were supposed to get massive amounts of snow non-stop for about 30 hours. While I was hurriedly putting my groceries, I didn't bother to change from my tennis shoes to my snow boots, as I didn't rule in the possibility of staying up there that late. Now (as I write this, gazing out the window) I'm going to have to brave the massive amounts of snowfall on my trek back to my own room.


TL;DR : Wear some sort of boots in the winter-time so you don't end up with sopping-wet feet







Submitted February 02, 2015 at 03:34AM by mjr_rjm http://ift.tt/1zt3uwd tifu

No comments:

Post a Comment