Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I really need help with an electrical system question. Right now I'm very cold and hungry because I have no power to my RV. Full details inside. Thanks. GoRVing


Two weeks ago I purchased my parents' RV. It is a 2007 Puma . It sat up for a little over two years and now that I've got it hooked up in an RV campground site it's had several system failures. The other residents around me have been great about giving me pointers and tips. So far I've fixed a pipe coming in from the main water supply and replaced a few other things.


My main issue is with the electrical. I'll just outline some details here.




  • I've plugged up to the post provided by the campsite.




  • I had no power.




  • I bought a brand new battery and a battery charger.




  • As long as I keep the charger plugged in and attached to the battery I have a little power to outlets and my overhead lights come on but are dim.




  • If I leave the lights on over night (as a test) they just fade completely.




  • Two nights ago my refrigerator went out. It had been working perfectly but now I've got nothing.




  • Right now I'm running an extension cord to the post outside to run a little space heater.




  • Image of converter/fuse box




Another question is, "Why does my power have to run through the battery (standard marine battery) at all if I'm plugged in somewhere permanently? Why can't I run the power straight to my converter?


Any help would be great, I really appreciate the RV community so far. Thanks for your time.







Submitted February 24, 2015 at 10:28PM by 6F6A9O9 http://ift.tt/17uEb3u GoRVing

No comments:

Post a Comment