Sunday, March 29, 2015

Wife abusing me really bad! What to do? Advice


Hi there,


Let me give you some brief background. I am an Indian guy got married last September. It was an arrange marriage. I got to know her just 6 months before the marriage. I witnessed her temper before the marriage, but it was too late to back out due to family and societal pressure. I expected things will change after the marriage but it did not.


After the marriage: Life is normal. We have our differences but we get along on bigger issues like Money, Family and Kids. My problem is with day to day things. My wife goes mad for silly reasons and start abusing and hitting me.


Let me give you an example, Once she made this curry which I don't like. I told her that I am not going to eat. she hit me and abused me. She threatened to leave me and go back to India (I live in US). Honestly speaking, hitting and getting abused are becoming part of my daily routine. I usually ignore but I hit back sometimes as she gets under my skin once in while (i know that I am not supposed to do and i am ashamed of this). I tried explaining things to her and requested her not to loose temper for silly things. She gets defensive and starts abusing the rest of the family members. Her parents tried explaining to her about the consequences and other things. No results so far. I am trying my best not to provoke her but she gets mad for silly reasons (recently, I forgot that there are vegetables in the refrigerator). If I suggest that we should discuss about with some family member to resolve, she abuses me that I am too girly that I cannot solve my own problems.


I also suggested that we consult a therapist for anger management, which she doesn't want to do.


On top of my problems, her mom passed away recently. Now things are getting even worse. Now, I cannot discuss with her dad with all the pain he is undergoing.


I really love my wife and I want this marriage to work. Can you guys suggest me what to do..


P.S: Divorce is not an option.







Submitted March 30, 2015 at 10:47AM by thatpoorguy02140 http://ift.tt/1BCrdrL Advice

No comments:

Post a Comment