Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Found Out Sex Offender Lives Next to Me StLouis


So, me and my girlfriend bought a great little house in Maplewood about six months ago, a fixer-upper, I guess I'd say, but a lovely little house. Our neighbor house on one side is odd. It's a house split into four or so apartments. The owner lives in one apartment (I found this out by searching for the property on the STL County website). I was wondering who the owner is because of the fairly dilapidated state of the place. Old-ass above ground pool in the back yard, random refrigerator there as well. General disrepair of the house. Wondered if the landlord lived there or not in case I needed to talk with him about anything.


On to the real story. We saw one of the tenants a while back and both said to each other, "that dude looks like a sex offender." Well, didn't think much about it, and today I randomly decided to search for the address of the house on google and what did I find? The guy who looked like a sex offender, is actually a sex offender, and not only a sex offender, but a guy who was convicted of raping a 10 year old girl and and 11 year old girl. Now, this conviction was back in 1993, and he got out in 2004, and according to casenet and the registry, he had no other convictions. I guess someone who rapes a ten year old and an eleven year old can be reformed???


But, I just found out I live next to a child rapist. I don't know what to do. Obviously I'm concerned for the safety of my girlfriend (but luckily shes a bit too old for his tastes...and we aren't planning on having kids) But there are children than live in the house behind them. There's also a child that comes to the house with what I assume to be it's mother. I can't decide if they live there or not, but I'm assuming they are visiting the rapist because I've seen the child walking the rapist's dog. There are also numerous other families with children that live in the neighborhood. I'm worried that they don't know this person is around.


I mean, I've wanted everyone in this shitty place next to us to move or the place get condemned since we moved in because it's pretty much a blight on the neighborhood. I don't know if it's a halfway house or something, but the amount of randoms coming in and out makes me think something funny is going on aside from just the sex offender living there.


I don't know if there's anything I can do here. I figure I'm pretty much screwed into living next to a child rapist now...I don't want to move because I like my house and I love my neighborhood, except for my neighbors. Unfortunately the owner is old, but not old enough to die soon. And I don't know if the rest of the neighborhood knows what I know. Does anyone have any advice here? I'm completely lost and confused.


Should have thought to search the registry before moving, I guess...Now I know that's something to worry about...


TLDR: hate my neighbors and their shitty house split into apartments, found out that one of the guys that lives there was convicted of raping two children.







Submitted April 01, 2015 at 07:55AM by Theoarsmen http://ift.tt/1Dq7wsY StLouis

No comments:

Post a Comment