Monday, March 30, 2015

Had my commitment reaffirmed last night... childfree


An old friend of mine was attending a convention this weekend near my apartment. She, her boyfriend (an old friend of my wife), and her 2 year old daughter needed a place to stay because they couldn't afford a hotel room (go figure, 2 year old). We've been friends for almost a decade now and she's pretty much single-handedly responsible for me actually talking to my wife for the first time, and on top of that her kid is usually extremely well behaved so I was more than willing to oblige.


Friday and Saturday nights passed without incident, and the young one was a shining example of how a kid with parents who actually parent behaves. Last night, though, she let an entire weekend's accumulation of over-stimulation out all at once. Right around 9:30, cue a complete meltdown because the refrigerator magnets she was playing with (easy-to-replace dollar store ones, and too big to be a safety hazard for her so we didn't really care. It's also worth noting her parents proactively offered to replace any she lost) didn't stick together the way she wanted (Healthy lungs too, the little banshee). She finally calmed down for about 10 minutes, then flipped her shit again because she wanted to wear her Minnie Mouse pajamas and not her Merida pajamas. Not long after that storm she lost it yet again because she wanted orange juice.


I have no complaints against her parents (Rare in this sub, I know) and on the whole she was very well behaved up to her little shit fit, but it just goes to show that no matter how good the parents or how well-behaved the kid, sometimes they just throw all sense of rationality to the wind. As for me, I'm just looking forward to a nice quiet week with the wife and the cats, completely reaffirmed in my choice!







Submitted March 30, 2015 at 06:21PM by Jigglyandfullofjuice http://ift.tt/1BDLXzx childfree

No comments:

Post a Comment