Hello reader,
My fantastic roommate of the last year and a half will be moving on to bigger and better things at the end of this semester, which leaves me in the unenviable position of finding a new individual to share a home with. None of us like change, but perhaps you and I can learn to live together in a harmonious arrangement anyway. I don't demand too much, and I'm not a generally horrible roommate myself, so lets see if we can work something out.
The apartment is part of a recently renovated 18-unit apartment building on Conklin, and it's pretty nice. It's $375 each per month, with utilities and WiFi included. And it's a nice place, with new stove and refrigerator and floors et cetera. Furnished with couch, queen sized bed, dresser, and kitchen table, as well as some of my accouterments I've accumulated after living here the past five months. PM me with any questions you may have.
But of course for the discerning renter, the character of the apartment is in some ways secondary in importance to the character of the person you share it with, so let me tell you a little bit about myself and the things I would hope for from a roommate:
- I am a BU undergrad, majoring in biology
- I am a 22 year old male
- I own a motor scooter
- I enjoy cooking, especially Indian and Mediterranean, and I also like sharing
- Sometimes I enjoy playing music over bluetooth speakers
- On the scale of 1-7, with 1 being living in filth and 7 being obsessive compulsive, I would score myself about a 4, which is to say that sometimes I'll let some dishes stay in the sink for up to 48 hours, I tend to leave my teacups on the table, and my books are often scattered around the common area. If you take very serious issue with a touch of clutter, disorder, or mess, that would be a problem. That said, I am generally a conscientious young man, and I will do my best to accommodate.
- I'm from Rochester, so bonus if you're from Rochester
- I have a girlfriend who sometimes stays over
- I drink sometimes, rarely to excess anymore. I like having a good time, and like to share a drink.
- I don't generally use recreational drugs, but I encourage you to do so
- Sometimes, maybe twice a semester at most, I'll have a few friends over for a party on a Friday night. Not wall punching keg stand parties, more like chips and salsa mingling.
Things about you that will help or hurt your candidacy:
Do you have a history of hating your roommates? Are you easily annoyed? I don't want to be hated or annoy anyone --> DON'T EMAIL ME
Do you speak a foreign language? That's cool, I might try to learn a little bit of it from you if that's alright --> BONUS
Are you generally a relaxed and cool person? --> EXCELLENT
Are you generally neurotic, judgmental, negative, and not self aware? --> NOT EXCELLENT, DON'T BOTHER
Do you like to cook? That's awesome, lets hang out and cook together. --> MMM
Are you close friends with my ex girlfriend? --> No hard feelings but you are DISQUALIFIED
Are you a male? Cool. Are you a female? I've never lived with a lady I wasn't dating but I'm certainly --> OPEN TO THE POSSIBILITY
That's about it. PM me, I hope we can be roommates.
Submitted March 20, 2015 at 08:05AM by crobins8 http://ift.tt/1ObqGa0 BinghamtonUniversity
No comments:
Post a Comment