Thursday, March 19, 2015

[Build Ready] Minecraft Server / Fileserver - help me not need to play in a refrigerator buildapc


Hello, I have been lurking here for a couple of years now and I have to say, you all are very intelligent and helpful. I've been able to build a pretty nice monster of a PC thanks to the reading I've done.


Currently, I'm looking to build a PC that is primarily run as a minecraft server. I'll be running linux so no need to buy windows.


My primary concern with this build is that where I live it can get pretty warm during the summer. Like, incredibly warm. Like, omg why did I buy an R9 290 warm. With my main computer running at night for the server right now I literally need fans going at all times just to stay in the same room.


I want to output as little heat as possible into the room, I'm not too concerned about the PC itself as I'll be running a stock i3 CPU. I am building ITX for the first time so hopefully I've chosen a good case to work in.


The server I run is a large custom blend of mods so I do need some decent processing power. Maybe an i3-4150 is too much, but like I said I don't want to overclock and increase heat. I'd rather spend a bit more to get a cooler system and hence room.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant



































































TypeItemPrice
CPU Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor $104.95 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard $59.99 @ NCIX US
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $63.99 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.95 @ SuperBiiz
Case Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case $34.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply Antec EarthWatts Green 380W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates)$383.86
Mail-in rebates-$25.00
Total $358.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-19 14:20 EDT-0400

Thanks so much!







Submitted March 20, 2015 at 12:04AM by IntersectIntercept http://ift.tt/1H6SCdg buildapc

No comments:

Post a Comment