Wednesday, February 25, 2015

More house troubles - oblige my stupid questions, please? electricians


We've had multiple issues with the electricity in this house. First of all, a plug was overloaded and the outlet went bad. The outlet was removed and a blank plate put over it and it 100% fixed the issues. Or so I thought.


Admittedly, the weather is terrible outside, so there could be other factors going on, but we'll just wait and see. Again, to be clear, we HAVE called an electrician that will be out once the roads are safe. I am only looking for possible options to discuss with them when they arrive.


We have fuse-type box with the big round plugs. Oblige me here, I'm not an electrician and I don't know what anything means or anything does. The lights started flickering in the house, and we realized that when I turned the stove OFF, the kitchen lights would turn OFF. If we had the stove off, the lights would dim, but remain on. Eventually we figured out if we unplugged both the stove and the refrigerator, the house stayed fully lit. No outlets were heating up, the box remained neutral temperature, and as far as we could tell, no fuses had blown.


The house seems to be operating fine, but with minimal power, or the lights begin to flicker. However, another weird thing: our wall heater in the bedroom, that runs on its own circuit, was on the entire time. We just now noticed that if we turn the heater off, the electricity in the entire living room turns off. Bizarre, I know.


I literally have nothing else to give you off of that, I'm just wondering if anyone else might have a clue as to what the fuck is going on. Should we just give up and rewire the entire damn house?







Submitted February 26, 2015 at 06:40AM by suckstoyerassmar http://ift.tt/1wfNxpY electricians

No comments:

Post a Comment