I was seven years old when I had the dream. In this fateful dream, I was gliding through my kitchen- a happy place with yellow walls and large windows- looking for food, but there was nothing inside any of the cupboards or the refrigerator but cobwebs and a musty smell. Dismayed, I glided over to the pantry, the last place to look, and swung it open. Inside, instead of the usual chips and snacks was a grisly creature. It looked as though it may be an old man, but was horrendously bloated and it's skin was grey like that of a corpse. Looking at me with sunken, fearful eyes it opened a mouth of rotten teeth and spoke. "Jacob, don't trust your parents, stop eating, Jacob, you must!" The brightly lit kitchen began to get dim as a fearsome energy filled the air- one of utter dread. "Tomorrow, your mother will try and feed you more than you need! Don't let her Jacob, don't give in... They will consume you! Nice, fat, juicy little boy! Delicious! They're gonna eat you Jacob! Kill you! Consume your flesh!" The rotten mouth began bubbling out a putrid sort of slobber and the old man began to melt, grey flesh oozing to the floor. "Consume you!"
The next morning I got out of bed slightly shaken, but soon forgot the events of my dreams as I prepared for the day of a seven year old- I grabbed a bowl of porridge and turned on the television to watch the morning cartoons. All was well until my mother offered me a second bowl.
The next few months I spent eating less and less, and my parents were noticing. "Jacob, what happened to your appetite? You used to eat like a big boy!" I wouldn't have it. I wouldn't let them win. I started by forgoing second helpings of food. Then dessert, then half my meals altogether. I started losing weight rapidly as I replaced my snacks and meals with lots of water to keep my hunger down. My little sister, however, kept eating the meals my parents would make and any seconds that they would offer. She had no idea of the danger she was putting herself in, but then again, it was me the old man had warned about my parents so it must be me they want. So be it. Once my parents started to force me to take more food on my plate, as they were very worried about my sudden lack of interest in eating and refusals to take more than a small morsel of dinner, I would give it to my sister in secret, and she was more than happy to take it. Let her be chubby. I can't be.
My health began to decline as I got skinnier and skinnier. "Childhood eating disorder," the doctor had called it. My ribs and hip bones were beginning to stick out like a stray dog and my face was gaunt. "Seven year old boys should still have their baby fat." My dad declared. "Our son is grossly underweight." "My baby!" My mother cried. "why won't you eat your supper?" I was admitted to the hospital after I fainted one day. I woke up attached to the tubes that were feeding me my untimely demise. I couldn't escape it. No one would believe me. And after spending weeks and weeks in the hospital, I was gaining weight. One day, I was to be released home to my parents. The melted body of the fat man laughed at me in my dreams.
My parents were overjoyed to see me home with a bit of weight gain. "Nice to see my son with a bit of meat on his bones!" my dad said, beaming.
As we sat down to dinner that night, I noticed the absence of my sister. "Where's Katie?" I asked. "She's not here at the moment," My mom replied, placing an unnaturally large roast on the table. "But she helped with dinner!"
Submitted April 13, 2015 at 02:58AM by krusty-krab-pizza http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/32deie/dinner/ nosleep
No comments:
Post a Comment