Saturday, September 27, 2014

Motion Sensor nosleep


I'm usually the last to fall asleep. I find it quite hard to go to sleep early...I guess you could say I am a night owl.


I live in a very rural area of the state of New York. Many of my neighbours live in cottages, and are gone during the fall and winter, coming back for the spring and summer. It's Fall now.


The other night, I was finding it very hard to fall asleep, as per usual. I looked over at my wife, sleeping soundly, and couldn't help getting a tad bit jealous. Our bedroom is in the basement. I walked up the wooden stairs, and into the kitchen. As I pulled a milk carton out of the refrigerator, a bright light outside caught my eye. My next door neighbors outdoor motion sensor light.


Everyone down my road has a few of these around the outside of their houses, as during the summer it's convenient whenever there are bonfires or parties outside. 3 weeks ago, my next door neighbor, Tim, and his family left for the cold months, and left us with a key to their cottage and asked us to check up on it every once in a while. I remember Tim telling us that he had turned the motion sensor lights off.


I took a good look out the window, and decided that the wind must have somehow forcefully turned it on. I looked at the clock. 2:13 AM. As I turned my gaze from the clock to the window, the light flickered off. There was now only darkness outside. I did not think anything of it. I chugged my glass of milk and crawled back into bed; snuggling up to my wife.


When I woke up, the clock read 9:52 AM. My wife had already left for work. I had recently lost my job, and I have (shamefully) been applying to local grocery stores and restaurants, so I could get back working again. I have yet to find a job.


As I was walking up the stairs, I remembered the motion light incident of the night before. I decided it would be best to check the motion light, now that it's day. I walked back into the bedroom and got dressed and bundled up before heading outside.


As I made my way to the fence the light always sat upon, I stopped in my tracks. The motion light was missing. I thought for a few minutes, before deciding that someone must have taken it. This would not have been the first robbery in my neighborhood. People come from all over to this specific area, because most of the time it seems like there's little to no civilization. After I fell asleep, someone must have taken it.


I walked back into my own house and vacuumed and dusted before my wife got home. I felt so guilty being at home, while she worked all day long. She always smiled and told me it was only temporary, yet I still felt so bad.


That night I woke up to a rustling sound coming from outside. I walked upstairs into the kitchen, and looked at the clock. 2:12 AM. While I was still glancing at the clock, it changed to 2:13 AM right before my eyes. As the clock changed, something else did. Again, there was a bright light outside, peering into the kitchen. I walked to the window. I was too scared to go outside, and I was scared to stare out the window too long, as if someone was staring in at me. I went back to bed and fell asleep, making a mental note to double check that the motion sensor is missing.


For 5 nights, the same exact thing happened. I would wake up, or already be awake, and as soon as the clock stroke 2:13...the same bright light flickered on, and then off again a minute later. Every following morning I would then proceed to check the fence post, only to find nothing.


On the 6th night, I was so done with being concerned about this light. I stayed up until 2:13, waiting in the kitchen. As per usual, once it was 2:13, a bright light flickered on and shined into the same window. I knew it was my chance. I opened the door and ran to the fence post, staring right into the light. As I came closer, the light dropped, like someone was holding it and they dropped it. I slowed down, and stopped.


It was a flashlight.







Submitted September 28, 2014 at 12:30AM by smoshmarbles http://ift.tt/1uR0gPe nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment