Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A New Alliance nosleep


Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the series are here:


Part1


Part2


Part3


Part4


Part5


Part6


Part7


Part8


Part9


.


A NEW ALLIANCE


.


Lexi told me that after I left the pit, she stayed behind to finish her joint. She blew the rest of the candles out and laid back to look at the moon, the next thing she knew she was on the tower. She first thought she was just having a ‘weird, marijuana induced dream” of some sort – until her arms started to hurt.


.


“That’s when I started to panic” she said. “It seemed like I was there forever, just stuck there. Like we were waiting on something.” I looked at her odd when she said “we”. She continued, “I can’t explain it. I looked all around and didn’t see anyone, but it felt like someone was there… and we were waiting. I don’t ever remember feeling pain in a dream before, but my arms were killing me. I knew something was wrong.”


.


“When you showed up on the bench, well, it hit me what you’d said before. I remember what you told me about Kelly… Then, Kelly was there – - with that girl.” Lexi paused for a second, visibly shaken. “I freaked out; I could see what’d happened to Kelly and I knew that was what was gonna happen to me.”


.


“Anyway, when you stabbed yourself I was back in the pit. The stars and moon were gone and I could tell the sun was about to come up. My arms were throbbing, I knew it was real – I never had the feeling like it was only a bad dream…” She sat there just staring at the ground. After a moment she looked back up at me and said “so, tell me everything.”


.


I started at the beginning and left nothing out. I told her about both pictures, how I met her sister and the worries I had about the both of them. I told her about the day with Kelly and all the details of that night with her on the tower. It was hard to get thru, but it felt like a thousand pounds had lifted off my back when I’d finished.


.


We sat in silence for several minutes, neither knowing what to say next. Finally Lexi spoke, “It never ceases to amaze how much trouble guys can get into when they start thinking with their cock…” Looking at each other we both burst out laughing. It felt like it was the first time I’d laughed in a hundred years. Our laughter faded into an uncomfortable silence. Lexi got up from the floor, moved to the window and stared out at the afternoon sun.


.


“It’s going to be dark in a few hours,” she paused. “I’m thinking your mom won’t let me stay the night, huh?” I couldn’t see her face from where I was, but I didn’t have to. “No, probably not,” I replied. Not taking her gaze away from the window she continued, “I’m scared. I think… I think I’m going to die tonight…”


.


I sat there for a second before saying anything, “No, no you’re not. I’m not going to let that happen. I promise.” Another promise - I thought of Kelly. “Listen, go to my room. I’ll tell my mom you left. Shut the door, nobody will check. You have to be really quiet though it’s a small house, if you think someone’s coming, hide in the closet. Let’s get thru tonight and we’ll figure all this out… somehow.” Lexi turned to face me with a huge smile of relief on her face.


.


“Hurry,” I said “before she comes back. It’s the last door on the left.” She disappeared into the hall before I could say anything else, but then came rushing back into the room. Reaching down she gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek before darting back out again. Funny, the only thought that came to my mind at the moment was wondering how she got the smoke smell out of her hair.


………


Mom was gone longer than I expected. When she got home she announced it looked like the police were finally going to get involved in the search for Kelly. She said they didn’t seem thrilled to be there and they thought Kelly would turn up soon, but Ms. Elliott didn’t share their optimism. Ms. Elliott told my mom they were only there out of a “favor” for one of their captains, a “friend” of Ms. Elliott’s, but that they promised tod ask around with some of their street contacts in Little Rock to see if they’d heard anything. Mom said she left when they started to search through Kelly’s room.


.


Looking down the hall towards our bathroom, mom asked “I see your friend left, huh?” “Yeah, mom. Lexi’s gone.” She continued, “She certainly seems nice, very respectful. I like her. I wish the rest of your friends were as respectful.” I tried not to laugh out loud “Yeah mom, she’s… something else alright.”


.


Mom looked at me disapprovingly, “You know, I know that look. Just because someone’s nice or polite doesn’t make them weird or anything. You better not be mean to her because you think she’s different. She’s obviously a sweet girl and you could do a lot worse for yourself.” Walking away she continued, “I bet she’s got great parents. You can always tell a kid with great parents.”


.


Wow, this was literally one of those jaw dropping moments in life. The girl that, less than twenty-four hours earlier, while topless had me pinned to the ground inside a candle lit circle. The girl that was currently hiding in my bedroom, MY mom was calling that girl “sweet”. Totally surreal.


.


“How about I just throw a pizza in the oven for you and your brother for dinner? I’m not up for cooking much tonight, I think I’m going to turn in early. I’m not even going to wait up for your dad.” “That’s fine Mom” I said, “but can you put two in? Those things are small and I’m pretty hungry.”


.


After starting the pizzas she came back in the living room. “I guess I’d better get your sheets changed before going to bed, huh?” she said. My sheets! I’d forgotten about the blood trail I’d left the night before. As she headed down the hall I shouted, “You don’t have to worry about my sheets Mom! I can take care of it later; you go on and get some rest!” I could hear her getting the sheets from the hall pantry. “Don’t be silly David, you can barely stand.”


.


I cringed when I heard my bedroom door open. Nothing. No shouts of surprise or shock, just the normal sounds of movement coming from down the hall. Finally, my mom passed by with my old sheets on her way towards the wash room. “I should probably just throw these out. I doubt I’ll be able to get the blood stains out, but I guess I can try. Your mattress looks terrible too.” I let out a sigh of relief as the disappeared around the corner.


.


After she took the pizzas out of the oven Mom brought the crutches I got from the hospital over to the couch where I was laying. “Are you going to need any help or do you think you can manage if I go to bed?” She couldn’t go fast enough for me. “No Mom, I’m good, thanks.” She continued, “Ok then, your dad’s supposed to be home around midnight, so unless you want to talk about the day’s events I’d suggest you be in bed before then.” And with that, Mom called it an end to a very long couple days for her.


.


The smell of pizza finally brought my brother out of his room and into the kitchen. Grabbing the entire pepperoni pizza, he announced that this one was his and quickly vanished back into his room. Jerk. Pulling myself up onto the crutches I made my way to the kitchen. Canadian bacon, great. I piled the remaining pizza onto the biggest plate I could find, left one of the crutches leaning against the counter and began to hobble as best I could towards my room.


.


The pain medication I’d gotten at the hospital had pretty much worn off at this point and my leg was starting to throb pretty bad. The pizza almost slid off the plate a couple times before I finally made it to my bedroom door. Braced on the one crutch I was using, I used my free hand to open the door. Lexi was on my bed reading with the nightstand light on. She was on her stomach resting on her elbows with her bare feet crossed in the air. She looked up from the book at me and whispered, “What, no beer?”


.


Smiling, she silently moved toward the door, took the pizza and motioned for me to sit at my desk. By the time I’d done so I looked up and she was gone. I could hear the refrigerator door open from the kitchen - Jesus she was crazy! She was back in the room in a matter of seconds with a couple Dr. Peppers, shutting the door behind her. I started to speak when she shushed me with her index finger. She walked over and turned the TV on – Fantasy Island was just starting. The familiar “Boss, de plane! De plane!” filled the room as she whispered “Now you can talk dumb ass! Holy hell, you can hear everything in this house. How the fuck did you ever sneak out of here, you part Ninja or something?!”


.


It was kind of good to hear Lexi sounding like her old self again. If anything, her vulgar dialogue exuded a certain level of confidence and control. Something I desperately needed at the moment. Truthfully, a big part of me was hoping to harness some of her evil genius to help find a way out of this situation.


.


Grabbing a piece of pizza she bit down and began to talk and chew at the same time, “I found your little library-collection-of-the-occult while hiding from your mom in the closet. Dude, didn’t you bother to read any of this shit before dialing 555-satan?! I mean, half this shit is a 'how-to' manual, while the other half tells you not to be a dumb ass and do it!” Before I could answer she said, “You don’t have to answer that, it’s a rhetorical question. I know what the problem was; you were blinded by all these tits. I mean, really? Just look at her, does anyone really even have tits like that?! JESUS!” Lexi was pointing to an illustration of a particularly buxom succubus with horns, black wings and tail. Looking at the picture, then down at her own chest she said laughed, “And you thought I was a demon?! Man, I bet you thought you got screwed!”


.


“Now I see why you didn’t answer my question last night.” At that moment I honestly didn’t remember what she was talking about. “You know, don’t play dumb - my tits. You never told me what you thought of ‘em.” Now sitting cross-legged on the bed facing me she was wearing that devilish grin again. Stammering, I didn’t know exactly how to respond. Breaking into a quiet laugh again she said, “Relax, I’m just yankin’ your chain again. Dammit, that never gets old.” Taking another bite of pizza and turning back to her book she continued, “Anyway, the way I figure it, mine are the only real life tits you’ve ever seen. You don’t have much of a point of reference, so as far as you’re concerned I’ve got the best damn tits in the world!” How could anyone argue what that logic?


.


Reaching across the bed Lexi grabbed the nearest book and tossed it my way. “Here, it’s research time. One would think somewhere in one of these books there’d be some instructions on how to get us out of this mess.”







Submitted October 01, 2014 at 07:13AM by dangitjimmy http://ift.tt/1rETjC8 nosleep

No comments:

Post a Comment