Saturday, September 27, 2014

I'm lost as a devoted pledge to kappa sigma. Need advice. Fraternity


I truly made the biggest mistake. Recently, my soon-to-be fraternity was hosting a "yell like hell", dance with a sorority house alpha phi. Problem is that when we were told to meet up, the information was very ambiguous and I could not find the location no matter how many time I texted through groupme. When I finally found the location and entered into the gym, everyone was just leaving. I kindly ask what was going on and everyone past me, even my pledge brothers. I became irritated because I drove around for 20 minutes trying to find the place. Finally, an initiate from the fraternity told me it was at the phi's house. I quickly head over there and saw everyone else was coming there too. We all enter into the house and begin our dance routine. Afterwards, the sorority asks us to help them move a refrigerator from their basement to their steps. I join my president in helping do this. Afterwards, I then head upstairs to get my keys and leave when I finally ran into the girl who was in charge and told her "this whole this was very disorganized" out of a fit of irritability. She then says something else to me and we part ways. Later on that night, I get a call from my prez and he tell me he wanted to talk to me. So I drive to his house and we begin our convo and I realized quickly it was about the response I had told to the phi member. Apparently, she was the ONLY one who was working on getting everyone together and even made the dance. I felt like shit and almost even teared up a bit and my prez then told me that I have make amends due to the fact that the phi's and kappa sigma are already on a bad road. He said what I did was like poison to the houses relationship. I then felt sick to my stomach. The next day I quickly ran around campus to find the scheduling secretary of the campus and unbelievably got in contact with her. She gave me rights to use the dance studio for the next few weeks. I wanted to find a new place for the houses to practice since we couldn't find a good place and the phi's house was too crowded. I'm now making the decision to depledge, I just wanted to make amends before I do it. I love the guys in my fraternity so fucking much. It hurts like twisting nails in my stomach. I don't want to be a poison. I just want everything to be fine. Even if that means the removal of me. I'm not worthy wearing the star and crescent. I need advice as to how I go about telling my president this.







Submitted September 27, 2014 at 01:29PM by BIG_CRUNCH179 http://ift.tt/1rrMggf Fraternity

No comments:

Post a Comment