Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Need some help getting my refrigerator to stop smelling. DIY


A roommate of mine bought a bunch of apples several months ago and put them in one of the drawers in our refrigerator. Weeks go by and he forgets that they are there, they start to grow mold and go bad, so the bag and was thrown out.


However one of the apples fell out of the bag and rolled all the way to the back of the drawer, where it stayed for at least a few weeks. We are three college aged guys and the smell of mold growing stronger and stronger was pretty much ignored until it got to the point that all you could smell when opening the fridge was rotten apple. Luckily I found the the moldy bastard after cleaning out the whole fridge trying to locate the smell. I then proceeded to soak both drawers in Fabulouso, spraying down all the inside surfaces with Heavy Duty Fantastik cleaner and then sprawling Ozium into the fridge for about ten seconds. I thought this would be the end of our stinky fridge situation but not only has the smell remained, it now has a chemical 'splash' to it. I've stopped trying to use chemical to make it go away, letting a fan blow into the fridge for about an hour, and using more baking soda than I've ever seen in my life but the smell won't go away. Is there something I can do to make this nightmare come to end? Please help me out.


If you need pics of my fridge or any other information don't hesitate to ask.







Submitted February 25, 2015 at 11:44AM by theBERZERKER13 http://ift.tt/1zG8dc6 DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment