Thursday, January 1, 2015

Feeling like I'm at a crossroad and have no idea to what to do now... offmychest


I feel like I really need to get this off my chest. My parents divorced when I was around six years old. My dad, being in the navy required him to be stationed away from me and my mom (First in Virginia and now in Hawaii). We’ve never had a good relationship. Whenever I would fly to visit him, I always felt like he never wanted to bond with me. It was always him either sleeping not wanting to be bothered or at work, having me stuck in the house with nothing to do besides watch TV and play videogames. Whenever he’d call it would always a simple “how are you doing” type of conversation that would end within five minutes. I also felt like I was never good enough for him, no matter how much I tried. He’d always be so quick to point out what I did wrong and hardly ever what I did right as well as having this condescending attitude (which I guess some would consider to be “Tough love” in order to mold me into being a man). Over the years, I guess you could say I’ve developed this sort of “hatred” for him. As much as I don’t want to talk to him and would prefer to have him cut off, I kind of have to. Since he sends over $200 dollars every mom provided I keep him informed, he’s the major reason why my mom and I are able to have a semi-stocked refrigerator + freezer, internet, cable, and cellphones. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get a job since I graduated from high school in order to save money for college (since my parents haven’t, I’ll have to do it myself.) and the Air Force Reserves told me that since I’m currently on Escitalopram (aka Lexapro which I take for social anxiety), I wouldn’t be able to join until I’m off it for at least a year. At this in my life (18 years going on 19), I really don’t know what to do at this point. I can’t rely on my parents to take care of me forever. I feel like I’m at a crossroad and I have no idea what to do next.







Submitted January 02, 2015 at 03:09AM by TreyTrey23 http://ift.tt/1rGCb16 offmychest

No comments:

Post a Comment