Yep. Exactly how it sounds. I thought it'd be a good idea to have a drink and then practice my boxing. I don't have a bag so I somehow hatched a clever idea to use one of the things I love most in life; my refrigerator.
(sigh)
After I got warmed up, I shot a fairly powerful jab right across the front of the door. The electricity flickered, I thought it was just the demons again, and proceeded to throw less powerful jabs at the machine for fear of breaking something. After a little while longer I decided to take a break and sit down. Usually I can hear my refrigerator humming (especially in the summertime) to keep cool.
I did not, however, hear said noise.
I stood up and decided to grab a left over bottled water that my roommate had from one of his trips the other night. Upon opening the door, there was no light. It was darker than my Uncle Dave's politically incorrect sense of humor. There was no noise, either. It was more quiet than the aftermath of the most terrible pun you've ever heard. Then there were crickets chirping, and a baby crying in the distance. My fate was sealed: my roommate was gonna be pissed.
I sobered up right before my girlfriend came over. I made her a sandwich while telling her everything and that's when he got home.
"Hey why is the light out in the fridge?"
"...The light is out?"
My girlfriend and I exchanged glances before she covered her mouth to keep from laughing.
I eventually told him what happened after my girlfriend left for a work meeting, and he about died laughing. We still had some food that needed to be eaten before it got too warm. I now feel like Joey from the episode of friends when his fridge died so he ate everything inside.
TL;DR don't box your refrigerator ESPECIALLY while drinking.
Submitted August 15, 2017 at 11:25AM by quesadidas http://ift.tt/2w5Hqik tifu
No comments:
Post a Comment