One morning last week our Samsung fridge was making a different sound than usual: a constant whirring instead of mostly silence with the compressor switching on occasionally. By the end of the day the sound was gone and both (fridge/freezer) compartments were warming up.
I contacted Samsung online (too late to call) about warranty service that night (Wednesday), but didn't hear anything until I called back the next afternoon. They assigned me to a local service center but neither I nor Samsung have spoken to an actual person there despite multiple calls and voicemails. That was 2 business days (4 actual days) ago. We had to throw out a fridge load of food and I am beyond annoyed at Samsung and their ASP.
The unit is approaching 2 years old, so the unit as a whole is out of its 1 year warranty but the sealed system and compressor are still within their 5 years. Is there anything I can check myself to determine whether the issue is likely with the compressor or sealed system, and therefore whether it's worth continuing to wait for the visit from a warranty provider? On one hand we are no longer trying to save perishables, so we could wait a bit longer for a warranty repair; on the other hand, if the visit's not going to be covered, then we might as well find someone who will answer their @*%# phone.
Submitted August 15, 2017 at 03:37AM by stowington http://ift.tt/2fFGwC8 appliancerepair
No comments:
Post a Comment