R3: Around 30, in a relationship with a Latin American citizen by birth (I grew up in the urban American Northeast and was exposed to Latin culture from infancy, although I'm white as a refrigerator). US citizen only, don't trust the US to raise children. Upper middle class with a masters in real estate and city planning and opportunity to work remotely as well as a €60k nest egg. I've got three main choices...
1 is Canada. I have about enough to make Express Entry without a job offer, but it's cold and expensive.
2 is the EU. I see two routes in; one is after marrying a Latin citizen we can move or at least her as an autonomous person, and she can reclaim her Spanish citizenship. That would mean I'd he the spouse of an EU citizen, and we could work wherever there are jobs. Alternately, I enter the NL via DAFT and eventually get permanent residence and renounce US citizenship. IDK if there's an equivalent self employed visa for Portugal...we're both En Es bilingual. I mainly want to guarantee my children a low stress low competition life on easy mode...no worrying about healthcare, needing to get into a good college to find a job, etc. because they're EU citizens and can just move to Sweden or Germany. You might call me a moocher, but if I get in legally there's nothing you can do 😆😆 to stop me.
3 I wouldn't prefer it because it's poorer, but I think Costa Rica is pretty chill and shares my social democratic values.
Submitted August 15, 2017 at 03:35AM by 19djafoij02 http://ift.tt/2uIJYyw IWantOut
No comments:
Post a Comment