I recently moved in to a rental house site unseen. I saw another house in the complex instead and everything seemed fine. Upon moving in we discovered the house in poor condition, not like advertised. The dishwasher leaked, the refrigerator went out and we lost $50 worth of food, the toilet doesn't flush, the cabinets are falling apart, and nothing was cleaned like they said it would be. It was disgusting. We've had maintenance out multiple times to fix issues. Eventually the landlord told us that he'd give us the deposit back if we're out by the end of the month. Since offering this, we've discovered fire code violations (the fuse box is in a clothes closet blocked by a shelf that's screwed to the wall).
Do I have a case for getting any rent money back? What about the value of the food we lost? We're trying to move out asap, but it's hard to afford rent twice in one month.
Submitted August 11, 2017 at 05:40AM by paintking19 http://ift.tt/2wyZej5 legaladvice
No comments:
Post a Comment