I know this might sound odd, but just give me a second.
I own a little investment property in New Orleans, but I live in California. This property is used primarily as a short term vacation rental. I own it with a partner and he lives in New Orleans.
Well, today the refrigerator suddenly broke down just as a new set of guests arrived. Both myself and the co-owner began receiving numerous calls and texts from the guests complaining about this. These are the kind of events I just psychologically could not f-cking handle hungover. I've been painfully hungover for a lot of stressful life events and I know that when that happens, I'm overcome by anxiety, fear and the overwhelming emotion that I just want to curl up in a ball, barf and die.
So anyway, this news about the refrigerator hits and.... I am oddly ok. I'm just ok. It took me a second to understand why I was able to react so calm and collected. And then I realized that I have been dealing with this type of shit for years while hungover or even drunk. And without that handicap in place it just all felt so simple and easy. It's as if I have been doing one mile laps for the past 10 years while carrying a 65 lb bag of shit. Well today I was ordered to do another lap, but I didn't have to carry that 65 lb bag. It was amazing.
This is one of those comments that only a person who battled alcoholism could understand, so I just had to share it with you guys. Thanks for listening, hope that made sense.
Submitted August 11, 2017 at 08:29AM by Scram415 http://ift.tt/2uvA7MF stopdrinking
No comments:
Post a Comment