Tuesday, July 18, 2017

It wasn't sleep paralysis... Paranormal

This is a long one but I promise it is worth the read. I joined Reddit just so I had a place to share this experience:

It was April of 2011 on Good Friday, two days before Easter. I was living in a two bedroom apartment in a college town with one roommate, my best friend at the time. He and I had a very tumultuous relationship and I was dealing with a lot of personal things as well... you know, trying to figure out life.

The apartment was very, very affordable. Like absurdly affordable... which I still don't understand. I never felt comfortable in it. I'm not sure if it was just from all the negative energy culminating in that time of my life or what. But everyone that came over said the place had an uncomfortable energy (some had a few minor experiences other than this one).

Anyway, I wake up early in the morning on Good Friday because I think I hear my front door open and close. My roommate often spent nights out with hookups and would come home the following day and come in my room to talk to me. So I am laying in bed awake with my eyes closed waiting for the usual routine. You know how you can feel when someone else's energy is in close proximity to you? It FELT like someone was in the apartment.

So I am pinpointing the feeling as it moves through the living room, passed the kitchen and down the long hallway toward the bedrooms. Mine is the first bedroom you get to, there's a bathroom across the hall from me and his bedroom and bath are at the end of the hall. I feel a presence stop outside the threshold of my door briefly, then cross into the room. A pressure settles on the end of my bed like someone sitting down.

All of this is typical when my friend would come home after being out. I'm still laying there awake, eyes closed, waiting for him to say something. I'm waiting... not alarmed yet. I feel the pressure on the end of the bed slide up the mattress toward me, like a hand firmly tracing the sheets.

Suddenly, there was an immense, crushing pressure on my chest like someone jumped and straddled me down. I could barely move and I couldn't speak. I kept trying to yell out for my friend who I still thought was somewhere in the apartment (but he wasn't... he hadn't come home yet). I tried opening my eyes but the most they would do is flutter. This allowed me to only see a sliver of what was happening to me. I felt this sense of overwhelming doom like something was attacking me and I was going to die.

From what I could make out through my panicked eyes looked like a dark cloud above me. Not black, but definitely smoky. I tried with everything I could muster to push this force off of me or to move or cry out. Anything. Nothing worked.

With as much conviction I think I have ever had I thought, "Go away. GO AWAY. Leave me alone. Please God help me. Help me." The second I did that the feeling completely dissipated and I jumped out of bed and started packing my bags. I was supposed to drive to my parent's house to celebrate Easter anyway but definitely not that early. I HAD to leave that apartment.

As I was packing, I called my boyfriend and go, "I don't know how to explain this to you... but there is someone in my apartment!" and he goes, "WHAT?! What do you mean???" I repeat, "I know I sound crazy right now but you have to believe me. You know I don't make things up. Something is in my apartment and held me down on the bed... but I can't see it." As I am recounting the experience to him, the electricity in his apartment shuts off leaving him complete darkness. All electronics, refrigerator, everything stops and he is in complete silence with me hysterical on the phone. He lived in a city an hour and half away. So he gets a little unnerved but surely it's a coincidence...

FAST FORWARD:

I get to my parent's house and I tell them what happened. Easter comes, big family gathering, I tell everyone else what happened. Of course, nobody believes me. Everyone thinks I was dreaming or had a bout of sleep paralysis. I understand how sufferers of sleep paralysis have experienced similar things to my story. I researched it. My issue with this is: 1) I have never before or after this particular event had sleep paralysis 2) I know without a doubt in my mind that I was awake 3) This wasn't the first time weird stuff happened at this apartment

Sunday night comes and I have to go back home to this apartment. My parents also live over an hour away so I don't get home until late that night - stupid on my part since I'm already creeped out. I'm on the phone with my bf while I walk up to the place. All the lights are off, meaning my roommate is out for the night again.

As I unlock the front door I get this immense wave of fear and I tell my bf that I had this overwhelming sense that my cell phone was going to die once I walked into the apartment. He says that I'm just being paranoid/overreacting/overly scared/etc. and it'll be fine. I walk into the apartment, illuminated only by the small light above me in the entryway. The living room light was in a very stupid spot (the center of the entire apartment) which meant that you had to walk through the huge living room in the dark to get to it. I get halfway through the living room.

My phone shuts completely off.

Dead.

It feels like 100 eyes are suddenly watching me.

I run to the light switch, throw it on and spend the rest of the night in the corner on my sectional couch which was situated the furthest from the bedrooms and back part of the apartment. To this day, nobody really seems to believe me and my bf doesn't like to talk about it because he thinks it invites negative energy.

I would LOVE it if anyone had any similar encounters or thoughts on this experience.



Submitted July 19, 2017 at 04:50AM by obsidianbonefish http://ift.tt/2tDNxFa Paranormal

No comments:

Post a Comment