Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Pet Peeve: I hate when people refuse to give a yes or no when making plans. offmychest

I am one of the principal planners of my social groups, arranging gaming nights, parties, meetups, outings, etc. But whenever I try to organize something over half of the invitees say maybe or don't respond. Like, give me a fucking definite yes or no. I promise you won't hurt my feelings.

(What does hurt my feelings is when they say*, "We'll go if we don't have anything better to do" or "We'll go if we feel like it." Ouch).

Now onto the main story. This past weekend I hosted a gaming night. Only two people RSVPed yes and, since I generally regard maybes and no responses as nos, I only had enough food and drinks for us three. But, to my surprise, I had five extra invitees show up. They quickly devoured all of the refreshments I had out, and descended upon my pantry and refrigerator like a host of locusts. I was more than a little miffed.

This seems like really commonplace behavior and I have no idea how to curb it. Do I refuse them if they show up without RSVPing yes? That feels kinda extreme, especially since I was the person to invite them/arrange the event. But I'm at the end of my fucking rope.

*This was after I hounded after them for a yes or no.



Submitted July 19, 2017 at 05:07AM by ShitPosser http://ift.tt/2u6hGP7 offmychest

No comments:

Post a Comment