I bought this Fridge about a year and a half ago. Recently it has not been cooling properly especially in the freezer compartment. It gets cool enough in the fridge, but the Freezer doesn't consistently get below freezing, and definitely doesn't get to the target 8 deg F. Eventually an error code popped up F DH, which my googling revealed was the defroster wasn't defrosting fast enough and could mean the coils are frosted over. I pulled the back panel out of the freezer to discover the coils were very iced over not just frosted. I used the wife's hair dryer to melt it and gave it a couple hours with a fan to dry out.
I plugged the unit back in and it took a long time to get cold enough we felt safe putting food back in the fridge compartment, but the freezer still won't get to temperature. Then this morning before work I noticed that the same error code has popped back up. I haven't had a chance to look at the coils again, but I would be very surprised if that level of ice has built back up in just one day.
I've not replaced anything yet because I don't know how to properly diagnose my problem. LG calls for support have been no help at all and the "smart diagnosis" led them to tell me it's too warm. I'm just wondering what I should look at or where to further troubleshoot as I've never done work on a fridge, but I would think I could do anything besides Freon if there is a leak. I'll probably the coils after work today. If I find a large amount of Ice again I would guess the water line might have a leak, but that's all up in the air again. Sorry if I ramble a bit, I am just a little lost on what to do here.
Submitted June 14, 2017 at 08:52PM by guernica88 http://ift.tt/2sALDJ1 DIY
No comments:
Post a Comment