Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Spotted Mind (Ver. 2) OneParagraph


I remember taking you home from school, and wondering who is this silly girl that likes my taste in music. You were nervous about our first date. I thought we were just hanging out. I remember realizing how strict your mother was. I stayed with you anyways. I remember crying just because I loved you. You squeezed my hand. I missed you so much while I was gone, I printed out a picture of us and put it on my grandmother's refrigerator. I winked at you at the end of my shows. You smiled at me whenever I said no. I remember deciding not to rush, and we were perfectly content. You didn't want to spend time with me before I left for school. I cried for a different reason now. The watch you gave me stopped working. I remember thinking about how ironic that was. You changed your mind, but I was in a new world. I told you what would happen when you left for school, you didn't believe me. I remember you coming home after your first semester. Everything happened as I expected, yet I was still surprised. I remember when you told me you lost your virginity. I told myself I didn't care. I told you that you should care. You told me he didn't care. I cared, if only for my past self, and not my present self. The thought of a time machine surfaced. He knew you for a month, I loved you for over a year. I thought you'd someday make it meaningful, out of principle respect for our decision together. You used to make fun of people who do what you did. I remember feeling like Holden Caulfield for the first time in my life. You told me you thought it would start a relationship, just to have something again. I was horrified by your reasoning. I remember realizing that I hated you. I had never truly felt that way about anyone before. You somehow brought out the two extremes of the opposite ends of my spectrum, on the opposite ends of a timeline. I remember waking up, and realizing that on the other side of the country, we were probably still holding hands on my grandmother's refrigerator.







Submitted January 01, 2015 at 03:13PM by bremp http://ift.tt/13KS636 OneParagraph

No comments:

Post a Comment