Friday, August 11, 2017

How can I relinquish an obsessive thought i can't check? Anxiety

Alright, so last night was my last night at my job, and I left fearing that I forgot to put something in the fridge. This particular item being left out isn't really a big deal, so I brushed it off. But then... I imagined that maybe I did put it in the fridge, but forgot to close the fridge behind me, jeopardizing some very expensive things. But two things-- first, how did I go from "I didn't put this in the fridge" to "I definitely went into the fridge and didn't close it"??? and second, I'm pretty sure that door closes mostly on it's own, it's pretty heavy and it closes on you when you go in there. But I've been literally terrified and panicking since I left because I had no way back into the building and no one will be there again until Monday, and by then, the damage will have been done. I can't get the thought out of my head, and it's driving me insane. I feel like I'm literally infected with a disease in a sense, that's how this obsession feels. I think the reason it started is because I usually check every door before I leave and my boss had to leave in a rush and lock everything up, so I couldn't check it, and in my mind that means horrible things have happened. In reality, I usually close doors like that automatically, and if I accessed the fridge, which I might have also done automatically, I probably closed it that way, too. Leaving it open just seems so remote... but that doesn't stop the fear. But what does? How can I rest easy for the weekend? My family is home and I'm about to move far away, I need to enjoy my time with them, but I can't because I'm literally cowering in fear over a fucking refrigerator... I hate this fucking illness



Submitted August 11, 2017 at 10:17PM by buttuta http://ift.tt/2vXelVG Anxiety

No comments:

Post a Comment