My house (built in 1990) has 40 circuits in the circuit breaker panel. As I now label the panel in detail, I finally realize just how poor the original labeling was.
Actual examples:
-
Circuit labeled "Upstairs Lights" should be labeled "Basement Receptacles"
-
Circuit labeled "Dining Room" should be labeled "Exterior Lights"
-
Circuit labeled "Cans" (Btw, we homeowners love the ambiguity; I have 45 "cans") should be labeled "Doorbell chime"
-
Circuit labeled "Down Lighting" should be labeled "Refrigerator Receptacle & Kitchen Island Receptacle"
I would've been better served if the label sheet was blank.
Please explain yourselves. What the hell is wrong with you?
I KNOW you mislabel everything on purpose. There is NO WAY someone could competently wire an entire house, and then be this imprecise in labeling - without making a concerted effort to do so.
And don't blame later "hacks" for screwing up your labeling. Except for ONE circuit, everything on my panel was installed and labeled by the original guy back in 1990.
This post is half-in-jest and half-dead-serious.
Submitted July 15, 2017 at 04:50PM by KerNil http://ift.tt/2ukCAwv electricians
No comments:
Post a Comment