I bought a new Kenmore Refrigerator 18 months ago and the defrost cycle isn't working (and, of course, I didn't get an extended warranty). Here's what I know:
-
Refrigerator gets warm and freezer is cold; I have to pull the back panel off and manually defrost the freezer once a week. Lucky Charms aren't as good in room temperature milk.
-
Nobody in my town services LG/Kenmore without promising to charge me 1/3 of the cost of a new refrigerator, and Angie's List has all of these places rated at a D or lower (the comments are admittedly hilarious. And not in a flattering way) so I need to try and do this myself.
-
The compressor shuts off regularly, as it should, so I don't think it's the timer.
-
The heating element doesn't appear to turn on at all - there's no glow during the shut off and also the entire evaporator unit is a block of ice in about 5 days. I did a continuity test and the element appears to be good.
I'm not sure what to look for now. Could it be an electronic issue where the compressor is off but the element isn't getting a signal to turn on? I'm totally ignorant on this stuff, other than what the internet has given me in a few hours. Thanks for any ideas.
Submitted July 12, 2017 at 09:29AM by SilhouetteLie http://ift.tt/2ugOc49 fixit
No comments:
Post a Comment