A company that does not have any physical stores in my area (California) asked me if I would be willing to take a side job with them as independent contractor and let them use my business space as a grocery pick up location for a commission.
Here is how their business model would work:
- Their customers would place orders through their website and pay directly to them.
- Next day early in the morning there would be a courier bringing orders to my business location.
- Throughout the day their customers will come and pick up their orders. I simply need to be around and hand-off these orders to their customers when they show up.
- At the end of the month I receive commission.
What are legal implications of such business model? Can I get into legal trouble? Do I need any licenses (California)? Here are my concerns:
- My primary business is Beauty Salon and I don't know what "California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology" would have to say about starting such side business, if they ever come for inspection.
- That company will be distributing food that can potentially spoil, like shrimp and other meats. I would have to put it in my personal refrigerator before their customer shows up to pick it up. Are there any other State or Federal agencies possibly enforcing any laws regarding proper storage?
- I really don't have any proof of origin of the food they would be selling to their customers. Most likely it will be legal, but I won't have any papers to prove that.
Submitted July 15, 2017 at 12:07PM by HarryTheShrimpBoy http://ift.tt/2tcRxRv legaladvice
No comments:
Post a Comment