I know this is basic and I should I have purchased a multi meter sooner but I had help from family setting my electrical and they had one.
I have whynter dual zone and I noticed that it was having a pretty high volt drop and not running at night because the volt drop was so significant, even with it being on the lowest setting.
I decided to check the connection and found the positive wire on the cigarette socket to look discolored. I am pretty sure the socket was unable to handle the high amp draw of the fridge and I basically over taxed the socket. I purchased a much higher quality and higher amp socket and will be replacing it.
I wanted to make sure the wiring was still good after I disconnected the refrigerator and realized I don't know the proper way to test my DC wires with a multimeter before I hook up the cigarette socket.
Any advice and suggestions on a good multimeter would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted July 20, 2017 at 05:15AM by snowfat http://ift.tt/2uczwlq vandwellers
No comments:
Post a Comment