Saturday, July 15, 2017

Family is mooching off my disabled father. He's at his wits end, how does he get them out? legaladvice

Florida. My father collects disability and hardly gets by as it is. He rents a small trailer that's 3 bedroom 2 bath. It's not much, but it's his. He doesn't get food stamps or other assistance other than disability. I have a sister in the area that has 2 girls and 1 stepson. They bought a fix it up house in the area. For the last couple years they let everything go. No ac, no refrigerator, no heat, and the water was undrinkable. The stepson is in the care of the biological grandmother. My sister lets call her, lazy and her boyfriend (father of her 2nd daughter) let's call him doofus. Well they would randomly come over to my dads house unannounced to stay the night because their power would constantly get shut off. Of course my dad would them and the girls stay. It would usually just happen for a couple of days here and there. Over time they stopped having people over. Later it was discovered how bad the house got. Fleas biting you constantly, and the mess was apparently terrible. My other sister made a surprise visit and just broke down into tears. She immediately just started cleaning. We thought that the situation was getting better but soon after thy showed up at my dads house because the power got shut off again. This was back in February. They are still there. My dad was currently caring for my 17 year old sister who just turned 18, graduated and moved in with me to start college in Nevada. The oldest daughter is currently with me. I don't have custody, but my sister let me have her for the summer. I just got permission to let her stay with me until she can get on her feet. Lazy and doofus eat all the food, pay $0 in bills causing my dad to borrow money constantly from family just so that the kids could eat food. Doofus works full time as a welder and apparently they can afford to move back home. My dad is being stepped all over just because they are living for free. The only bills they have is $300 for rent, electric and car insurance. They pay my dad nothing and even have their hand out for gas money. Lazy goes to a methadone clinic 1 1/2 hours away every other day costing them a lot in gas and of course money for the drug. All of their money seems to go toward this. I know that doofus smokes pot as well. They could go to a clinic closet to home but it's run by the government so they would actually have to go to meetings and whatnot. My dad offered to buy them a refrigerator, and reccently offered to pay their electric bill so they can move back into their old place. Doofus replied with, no reason to it will just get shut off again. The kids were going hungry and there was 6 people living in a small place. It was crazy. I now have the oldest daughter, and my 18 year old sister. I have no idea what I'm doing. Lazy said I can let her start school out her and whatever paperwork I need let me know and she'll sign it or whatever. I'll save that for another post. My poor sad is at his wits end. They are clearly taking advantage of him and he can't see the kids suffer so he does everything he can but it's not enough. He wants them out but who really wins? The second daughter will still be suffering and I can't take care of everyone. The issue here is that the landlord doesn't know doofus, lazy, and their daughter are staying there. It's supposed to be a single family home so he could get evicted. Can my dad still start an eviction notice? We could have to get CPS involved for second child but we are all scared because we are all stretched thin as it is and don't know who can actually care for her effectively. I just had a baby myself. I went from no one to 3 kids to take care of. I should also note that the fixer up house was bought by doofus's mom outright and they just pay her $300/month. That's why they haven't lost it. I'm sure she's upset she hasn't been getting paid, however, I'm not aware of any written contract or that she wants to sell or get rid of the house. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just trying to scoop everyone up and take care of everyone, but I can't. They need a wake up call. They're older than me and sleeping in my dads couch. It's shameful to take advantage of my dad, and even more shameful to not even care for the kids. When the oldest came out here she didn't even have a pair of shoes to wear on the plane. This is bad. But they need to step up and take care of their family.



Submitted July 16, 2017 at 08:27AM by Ghouly11 http://ift.tt/2umWQh6 legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment