Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Bump Retiree: My bottle review BabyBumps

Hello my lovely Bump ladies and gents. I'm 8 months out with little boy number 2 (oldest is 5 years old), and I decided this morning while preparing bottles to share a short review on the Dr Brown and Born Free bottles that we have tried recently. I breastfeed when I have the baby with me, but when I go to work, he gets bottles and I pump. I usually leave breast milk, but sometimes I mix in formula if the freezer bag is low or if my freezer supply is low. So mostly breast milk , but some formula too. Maybe this review can help you along the way:

  • With my first, I used the Born Free Classic bottles, the format of which is now out of production. It included a lid, nipple, nipple holder, a white inner cap for traveling, two parts for gas reduction, and the bottle itself. We loved these bottles. They worked like a charm. They had a lot of parts, as you can see, but it was great for us. We never needed the white inner disk cap for traveling and the bottles never leaked. I tried to find these same bottles again to add maybe 4 to our collection (due to lost parts), but I wasn't able to find them in stores or easily online. I found some on Amazon, but not enough. One dislike is that the inner gas reduction parts are sometimes hard to separate since a vacuum is created, so you have to use your nails or a fork to separate them. 7/10: Great bottles, lots of parts
  • We purchased the Born Free Breeze bottles, which were designed to be a lid, a nipple with built in gas reduction via a little sphincter looking thing, and the bottle. That's it. I thought we would like it because it was less parts. It was actually bad because the little sphincter thing (I could not find a better word) did not do its job properly, so when he sucked on it, a vacuum would be created to the point that the nipple started to collapse. We had to stop using them. 2/10: Less parts, bad sphincter (I couldn't help myself there)
  • Needing a set of extra bottles quickly, I ordered Dr Brown Natural Flow bottles from Amazon, the thin ones. They came with a lid, nipple, nipple holder, a white inner disk cap for traveling, two parts for gas reduction, and the bottle itself. I immediately threw away the inner cap because I hadn't needed it for the Born Free bottles, but I quickly realized that they leaked, so I had to buy a separate lid for traveling as the white disks couldn't be purchased separately (or at least I couldn't find them). The bottles are fine as it is. My little one is much more gassy than my first, but I don't notice a difference between these and the Born Free bottles in terms of spit ups. I do not like the thin bottles because it is hard to put crushed frozen milk into them. I normally take out my frozen milk bags the night before and put them in the refrigerator so that they partially for morning. I then use my fists to break them apart, cut the top, and then squeeze the frozen bits into the bottle. This is much more pain staking with the thin bottles, as is adding formula. I would recommend getting the wide bottles, if it fits in your diaper bag and stroller holders (give it a check first, if possible). 7/10: Decent bottle, need to keep the white disk for leak protection, buy the wide bottles
  • My dishwasher has a sanitize function, so I personally recommend the plastic bottles over glass. Less chance of dropping and breaking them
  • I bought a little basket that can hold loose parts for washing, so everything goes in there except for the kids and bottles. We put it on the top shelf of the dishwasher and try to ensure that the part below it is clear enough so that it gets good water flow. 10/10 use every day and even for stuff when the bottles end
  • I don't bother with a drying rack or anything. Most of them time it dries in the dishwasher or I shake off the water before putting it away. I also don't use the scrubber wand or anything since my dishwasher does such a good job

Feel free to ask me any questions!



Submitted July 19, 2017 at 03:25AM by NotSoSelfSmarted http://ift.tt/2tdxv5i BabyBumps

No comments:

Post a Comment