Wednesday, June 14, 2017

[WI] Just got security deposit back, property management company took over 50% legaladvice

Just recently moved out of my old apartment and just got my security deposit back. The property management company took over 50% of the original $875.

The itemized list is as follows:

  • Water/Sewer 1st Quarter 2017 $(60.00)
  • Water/Sewer April & May 2017 $(40.00)
  • Stove/oven & exterior $(75.00)
  • Refrigerator/freezer & exterior $(15.00)
  • 40% of New Carpet $(357.70)

Leaving me a total of $327.30.

The water/sewer I paid as extra on my rent, e.g. rent was rent + parking + water ($900 + $75 + $20), each month.

The appliances, I have no idea what these charges are for. It doesn't say cleaning or damage or anything. For the carpet, I don't know how they're charging for new carpet. Are they disguising carpet cleaning as this, because as far as I know, normal wear and tear in an apartment can't be deducted from the security deposit.

What are my options here? Do I go to small claims or the housing authority? Can they really deduct cash from my deposit without providing a description or even photos of the claimed damages?



Submitted June 15, 2017 at 03:37AM by NeedsRentingAdvice http://ift.tt/2s2ocqW legaladvice

No comments:

Post a Comment