So I have this issue with a (store bought) vitamin C serum. The serum is literally the only option for a vitamin C serum of 16% that I can buy in stores. I've used its 8% version for quite a while and it was great; however, the 16% version has a pH of around 1-2 and it's crazy acidic for my skin.
Today I tried adjusting the acidity with a small amount of baking soda, but as much as I try I can't make its grains dissolve. I know pH above 3,5 destroys the water solution of this form of vitamin c, so I suspect I've destroyed the serum altogether by introducing it to tiny pieces with very high pH.
My questions are, have I ruined it (left it in the refrigerator, haven't checked the pH of essentially the baking soda solution in there since)? Also, how can I adjust pH in the future given I can't figure how to use something that's not baking soda? I've read other options are soda caustic (I'm definitely not able to use that) and l-arginine, but I don't have access to neither.
Should I drop the whole thing and use the serum as it is, hoping it won't be that bad to my skin, or switch back to 8%?
Submitted June 16, 2017 at 02:22AM by ASeriouswoMan http://ift.tt/2sE8pzA DIYBeauty
No comments:
Post a Comment