Sorry in advance for the long rant of my shitty job. So almost 3 months ago, I caught an interview to be an administrative assistant at a small environmental company. Group of people came in but was rather easy interview considering the interviewee (manager) did most of the talking about the job itself since there was a vague description of it on the job posting. She said I would have the basic administrative duties of answer phones and other office shit, along with driving out and doing errands for the company like picking up construction permits. Now, she also said that along with that I would have to sweep here or there and wipe counters down if they get dirty and that everyone does their part around the office to keep clean. I thought no problem, I do my job, I clean a little here or there since we had a cleaner come in every week anyway, cool.
Two weeks in, our cleaner get either fired or quit and my manager tells me that I would be responsible for the cleaning the whole office from now on. So along with sweeping the floor and wiping down my desk, I also have to:
- Mop the kitchen and large meeting room
- Wipe down everyone desks and tables (8 not including myself)
- Vacuum the office carpet
- Clean our 2 refrigerators
- Empty and replace our main garbage and everyone's waste basket
- Clean all windows and window sills
- Cleaning up after our boss when he cooks
- Clean anything that's dirty including the bathrooms
Everything has to be done on a weekly basis, and the bulk of the cleaning has to be done on a Friday which means staying 1-2 hours after closing to clean everything. Basically, I'm doing janitor's work after our cleaner left with no extra pay. And yeah that talk during the interview about everyone doing their part keeping the office clean, bullshit, or at the very least very over exaggerated. All everyone really does is clean up after themselves after they eat but other than that I'm basically the administrative assistant/courier/janitor.
What pisses me off is that we have interns working here, and out of all the people that can atleast HELP me is them, but nope. According to my manager, this was the job I accepted so I could take it or leave it despite the fact that the extra cleaning was not what I initially signed for.
Everyone I talked to about says that my job is a load of bullshit and treats me unfair and that I should quit so right now I'm just looking for other jobs that could hopefully take me out of this one. Anyone else have shit from their current jobs they're trying to get out of?
TL;DR - Job said I'd have office duties, some driving, and some cleaning. After 2 weeks of working there, I'm basically the new cleaner and trying to quit for the unfair treatment.
Submitted June 15, 2017 at 07:26AM by fuqdasystem http://ift.tt/2ry10x5 CasualConversation
No comments:
Post a Comment