Greetings, I have an LG refrigerator that is less than 4 years old. In Sept 2016, it stopped cooling for the first time. We noticed the problem after water started leaking from one of the doors, which turned out to be ice melting.
Hired a technician (LG recommended repair service tech) who diagnosed the problem as a bad compressor. Replaced compressor early October 2016. Refrigerator worked fine at first, but started making bad compressor noise in late November 2016. Stopped cooling early December 2016. Same repair man came out (he gave us 90 day warranty for parts and labor) and replaced the compressor for the 2nd time.
It has been less than 1 week after the last compressor replacement, and the refrigerator starts having issues again. I put water in the freezer (set at -2F) and it's still liquid 24 hours later.
There was a strange sound two days ago. There was a rushing water sound, followed by air leaking sound (i.e similar to a sound a car tire makes when you bleed air). Both sounds stopped after a few minutes and a few days later we noticed issues with cooling.
What could be the cause of this? I have a feeling there is something inside the fridge that is causing compressors to go bad. I have a hard time believing that LG compressors would all be defective. Unfortunately, I'm not the expert and am beginning to think that our repairman may not be one either. Working with LG to replace the fridge but not sure whether this is possible.
LG Model LFX33975ST/01 Serial 301KRQW1S748
Submitted January 06, 2017 at 07:07PM by BoBa40 http://ift.tt/2ijpkih appliancerepair
No comments:
Post a Comment