I've got two taps(Perlick 650ss) and a Taprite dual-body regulator. Everything is good in the world with this set up as-is prior to tonight.
Tonight I added a 3-way gas distributor and now I'm getting huge amounts of foam, even at 3-4psi when I was previously serving around 10psi.
Bubbles are visible near the connections in the serving line now as opposed to before the manifold when it was completely filled with liquid, no visible gas, and poured perfectly. I did notice visible co2 in the kegerator after the first hook up when I'd open the door but that has since been fixed and I no longer see the cloud of co2.
I've sprayed all connections with StarSan and they appear to be working just fine. I only need the manifold for an event this weekend where I'll be serving four beers from picnic taps and then back to the aforementioned set up.
But why is this happening and I'm afraid it's going to jack things up this weekend during my first public showing.
Part being used.....
-
1/4" FFL to 5/16" barb swivel nut
-
1/4" swivel nut washer
-
5/16" co2 tubing
-
1/4" barb Pin-Lock Gas Keg Coupler
Ok, while writing this I think I figured it out but I'd like someone to confirm.... The current gas coupler doesn't work with the co2 line and instead I should be using a 1/4" MFL gas coupler with a 1/4" MFL to 5/16" barb.
Right?
Sorry about the wall of text.
ETA: Well hell, now I don't know...
I disconnected the distributor, went back to my previous set up and am even running it at less psi, about half actually.
Small album: http://ift.tt/1XPws6E
Temp is around 40* or whatever the refrigerator is set at.
I did wonder if me having the door open so long and all letting all the cool air escape had anything to do with it.
I did move the keg slightly and due to it's low level I had wondered if that had an effect too. However, I didn't move it much and I sure didn't jostle it around at all to where I would think that would be an issue but at this point, who knows?
I'll let it sit over night and take a pull before I leave for work to see what's up. My only concern is that I won't get it figured out before this keg kicks.
Submitted May 24, 2016 at 10:19AM by ChuckWeezy http://ift.tt/1TTmewx Homebrewing
No comments:
Post a Comment