Item #: SCP-123456
Object Class: Euclid
Special Containment Procedures:
SCP-123456 is to be contained in clean room FE2C7E at Research Facility ██. Due to the volatile nature of SCP-123456’s transport, all personnel are to use SCP-123456-V1 when performing exploration. No exploration is permitted unless a crew of 13 is assembled. All exploring personnel are to be outfitted with SEP-1023 and EVA-S-2232, regardless of class. Failure of inferior personnel to comply with orders during exploration is grounds for immediate termination. Failure to comply with containment procedures is punishment in itself when disciplinary measures are being considered.
Description:
SCP-123456:
SCP-123456 is a ring of a golden-colored metal with a radius of 0.5 cm, devoid of imperfections. When any form of biological matter breaches a █m sphere of influence around SCP-123456, all material excluding concrete, plastic, glass, and soil is dragged into SCP-123456. SCP-123456 will not absorb materials through the materials aforementioned. If SCP-123456 is smaller than one of the objects it is absorbing, the ring’s radius will expand to ██ meters, and continue to drag all material into it. Upon entering SCP-123456, explorers have reported being subject to sensory deprivation, losing all visual, auditory, tactile, gustative, and olfactory senses for no more than ██ minutes. All matter is subjected to a vacuum of indiscriminate size, terminating all forms of organic matter. Matter is then released haphazardly onto what appears to be an urban street in the middle of a city. All senses return upon release. SCP-123456 is unable to transport again for 12 hours.
SCP-123456-1: (Added after [SCP-123456-T5])
SCP-123456-1 is the city in which all matter is released by SCP-123456. SCP-123456-1 is an urban city of unknown size or immeasurable size, which appears to be devoid of life. No organic life forms can be detected, though the architecture of SCP-123456-1 resembles that of [REDACTED] and there are signs of habitation. The city functions on an Earthly day-night cycle. There appears to be a functioning electrical system throughout SCP-123456-1, as streetlamps and lights turn on at night. There appear to be no signs of animal habitation, and very little evidence of vegetation.
Added after SCP-123456-T7:
The atmosphere of SCP-123456-1 is similar to that of Earth, but also present is an agent that causes fits of uncontrollable rage when inhaled. Dr. ███████ has hypothesized that the agent present in the atmosphere is a compound similar to [REDACTED].
Testing:
SCP-123456-T1:
Date: 08/██/19██
Author: Dr. ██████
We have just recovered SCP-123456 from a rural village called ███████ in Northern ████land. Agents were dispatched upon hearing rumors of a perfect hemispherical crater in ███████, ████land, and found SCP-123456. Two operatives were lost upon first discovering SCP-123456.
Recording of test:
[Recording begins, flickering before focusing] (Camera is wall-mounted in containment cell) [A tread-driven drone slowly approaches SCP-123456] [SCP-123456 expands rapidly, and pulls the drone into the ring] [Camera begins shaking wildly] [Recording ends]SCP-123456-T2:
Date: 09/█8/19██
Author: Dr. ██████
Recording:
[Recording begins] (Recording is a chest-mounted camera recording) (Camera-wearer referred to hereafter as SCP-123456-T-“n” (“n” being number of subjects previously used in testing)) SCP-123456-T-1: I’m not doing this! I’ve heard the rumors! This thing eats people! No way am I getting near it! Offscreen Personnel (OP): You agreed to join the foundation in order to pardon your parole, and agreed to comply with all instructions. SCP-123456-T-1: I didn’t agree to die! OP: You agreed to comply with all instructions. SCP-123456-T-1: I’m not dying for science! OP: You agreed to comply with all instructions. [SCP-123456-T-1 enters fit of rage, screams profanity for next 5 minutes] OP: We do not know if this will kill you at all. SCP-123456-T-1: And I’ll be off of parole after this? OP: Negotiable. SCP-123456-T-1: *sighs* I suppose that’s all I can get. [Camera approaches SCP-123456] [SCP-123456 expands, camera rapidly accelerates towards SCP-123456] SCP-123456-T-1: What the [DATA EXPUNGED] [Screen turns black] (██ minutes pass) [Screen brightens, camera spins, coming to a stop in the middle of a street, where it appears a parade of people are marching] [Camera is crushed] [Recording ends]SCP-123456-T3:
Date: 09/█9/19██
Author: Dr. ██████
Recording:
[Recording begins] (Camera is being held by autonomous vehicle made of plastic) [Camera moves towards SCP-123456] [SCP-123456 expands, and camera is dragged towards SCP-123456] [Recording goes dark] [Recording lightens, and camera shakes] [Camera focuses after the shaking] [Camera pans to the right in a full circle, orienting itself, showing concrete buildings, lit streetlamps, and dark windows] [Camera begins moving forward along the empty street] (150 minutes pass) [Footsteps can be heard] [Camera pans rapidly to the left to find the source of the noise] [Recording ends with a crunching sound]SCP-123456-T3: [REDACTED]
SCP-123456-T4: [REDACTED]
SCP-123456-T5: [REDACTED]
SCP-123456-T6: [REDACTED]
SCP-123456-T7:
Date: 10/██/19██
Author: Dr. ██████
Recording:
[Recording begins] (Camera is chest-mounted to SCP-123456-T-7, Class D personnel) [SCP-123456-T-7 is seated in SCP-123456-V1] [Camera moves towards SCP-123456] [SCP-123456 expands, and the camera rapidly advances towards SCP-123456] [Recording goes black, then lightens, as usual] [The same street appears, during the day] [SCP-123456-T-7 emerges from SCP-123456-V1] (SCP-123456-T-7 hereafter referred to as Subject) OP: Subject, please go and enter the building directly to your left. Subject: ‘Aight. [Camera turns roughly to the left, and then advances towards the building] OP: Try the door. Subject: Sure. [Camera shakes slightly, and door opens] OP: Enter. Subject: Isn’t this breaking and entering? I’m already on parole for [DATA EXPUNGED], and I don’t need to get in any more trouble. OP: We’ll take full responsibility for anything that occurs. Enter. Subject: ‘Kay. [Camera enters door, and appears to be in a convenience store] OP: Go to the drink refrigerators and show the camera the brands of the drinks. Subject: Mhm. [Camera advances towards the back of the store, and then opens a refrigerator, which opens with a hum] [Subject grabs a beverage and shows the label to the camera] Subject: Say, this isn’t English. What is this, Chinese? [Beverage is labelled in a language that does not match any known language according to linguist expert Dr. ████] OP: Go to the chips aisle. Subject: No. I’m not going to. Quit ordering me around. OP: I’m sorry? Subject: Yeah, I’m sick of getting ordered around by some four-eyes in a lab-coat. [DATA EXPUNGED] this [DATA EXPUNGED], I’m totally scot free! [Subject abandons the store, and begins to run down the street, but forgets to remove the camera] OP: You realize that you are going to violate your agreement with us by doing this. Do you accept the consequences? Subject: [DATA EXPUNGED] yourself. [Subject continues running down the street, and finds a grocery store] Subject: God, food sounds so GOOD RIGHT NOW. [Camera pans to the right a little and then rapidly to the left, and the sound of glass shattering echoes through the deserted street] Subject: I’m bleeding. [Subject brings his bleeding fist up to lick the blood off] Subject: This tastes AWESOME. I need more! [Blood flows over the camera] [REDACTED] [Recording ends]Exploration:
As of today’s date, ██/██/20██, 3 exploration teams and one drone mission have been dispatched to SCP-123456-1.
[SCP-123456-1-EVA-I]
[SCP-123456-1-EVA-II]
[SCP-123456-1-EVA-III]
[SCP-123456-1-DR-I]
***UPDATE:***
[SCP-123456-1-EVA-IV]
All further exploration is discontinued without authorization from Dr. [DATA EXPUNGED].
Submitted August 19, 2015 at 03:45AM by QuantumQuetzal http://ift.tt/1KuspSQ shortstories
No comments:
Post a Comment