I have $20 a week and a half but can extend to $30 if necessary but cheaper the better.
I have access to a kitchen with a stove, oven, and microwave but have limited refrigerator space as I use a mini fridge.
Currently my eating habits is somewhat simple.
Breakfast:
-
Cereal
-
Apple
Lunch:
-
Sandwich - Bread, deli meat, lettuce, sometimes cheese
-
Chips
Dinner: Changes a lot but here are some
-
Ramen
-
Frozen Burritos
COSTS:
Milk - $3
Bread - $3
Chips - $3
Deli meat - $2-3
Burritos - $3
Apples - $3
Lettuce - $3
Current list of items I bought.
This is current as I haven't been cooking but I do have frozen chicken breasts that I can cook.
So I am wondering what is a good alternative to change my foods I consume for under $20?
Healthier the better. I was going to just cook chicken breast, rice, and steamed broccoli and meal prep that but I may not have enough storage space but is that a good plan for dinners? I assume the amount I can make depends on my space available so what if I have leftovers of uncooked broccoli? How long do veggies last in a fridge?
I am perfectly okay eating what I am now but would like something healthier a bit. Especially in the dinners but not costing too much.
As of the month of August I have spent $50 on groceries and would like to tone it down a bit as its only half the month so far.
Submitted August 19, 2015 at 03:42PM by MisterChao http://ift.tt/1JhyTDE budgetfood
No comments:
Post a Comment