You won't hear about this in the news. They should warn you, but they don't want to let on that they know anything, or cause unnecessary panic. So I'll tell you the only way I know how. I'll be frank with you. This isn't the kind of monster that you see in the movies. This monster is of flesh and blood. You might even know him. I did.
His name was Sam. Sam was a nice enough kid in school, if a bit quiet. Handsome, and just polite enough. No one picked on him or anything, which makes this whole thing all the more unsettling. He could have been anyone.
We graduated five years ago, and I hadn't seen or heard from Sam since. . .Until he sent me a message.
Enter Cindy. She had been my best friend since high school. Cindy also had dated Sam. They were close for about a year, until Sam became too controlling and clingy for her taste. They broke up a little after graduation, and Sam moved out of town.
Cindy had just mentioned that she missed Sam, and so I didn't feel too uncomfortable talking to him, and it started out innocently enough. I was stupid enough to let him know that she lived in the same place she always had. So stupid. It's something that will never leave me. You can see our messages here. After a little bit I felt a bit uncomfortable and decided to ignore his other questions.
A month goes by, and he stops asking.
Things are normal, except I haven't heard from my friend for a few days, so I decide it's time for a visit. She lives alone and she's in between jobs (she gets a lot of support from her grandparents, who are well off) and so I stop by without calling first, figuring she would be home. Her car is in the drive way and her door is unlocked so I walk on in. I notice something is off immediately. It's quiet. The television is off, and so are all of the lights. The only sound I hear is the soft thrum of the refrigerator, and cars passing by on the street outside.
I hear a thump from behind loud enough to make me shriek like a banshee. When I turn around I see that it's only Paw Paw, Cindy's furry feline friend. Happy to see the friendly cat, I bend down to pet her, but she backs away and runs into the next room. "Odd," I think. By now I've got the serious willies and I'm ready to leave, but I know I need to look for my friend. So I follow the cat.
Until that day, I had considered myself well desensitized to gore. I'd seen enough WTF posts, enough scary movies, that I would be ready. I wasn't.
Inside of her bedroom, in the floor lied my friend. My thoughts reeled as I noticed her face was gone and hurled and the contents of my lunch. Shock is unlike anything else. You grow cold, things don't make sense. I kneeled by Cindy's side, touching where her cheek should have been. I couldn't contol my sobs.
In the distance, I hear something. Screaming? Crying? Something tells me to pull my shit together. I gather my wits and I run out of the house. People are coming home from work. I hear people inside their houses, and they are in their yards. People are on their phones. It's like a bad dream.
I run to Mrs. Davis, who is sobbing in the nearest yard.
"Mrs-"
"They're dead!!! Their hands are -oh God, oh God, take me too!"
Mrs.Davis was worse off even more so then I was. Her two young daughters were dead by the sound of it.
Similar stories came from all down the street. Macy's feet were gone. Samantha's arms were stolen. Torsos and necks had been removed. Lila's breasts.
My neighborhood looked like the end of the world. Maybe it was. Police, investigators, EMTs all came, I think every one of them we had in our small town was there. I retold my story what felt like 900 times.
I was finally allowed to go home and wash the blood off of my hands and face.
The next morning, I heard a knock on the door. Two well dressed gentlemen asked to come in. They called themselves special investigators. I forgot their names the moment they told them to me. I was far too paranoid to let them, so they questioned me from me stoop.
They produced a picture of a familiar face. "Sam? What about him?"
Sam was their leading suspect. Sam, who had lived close to us and we had known forever. We'd sat next to him in class. Sam, who I'd talked to just a month ago. About Cindy.
He had taken my best friend and left a trail of blood in his wake.
The victims had been found. It was grotesque. He'd taken parts from at least 20 neighborhood victims and he had sewn some of them into a macabre doll of sorts.
I was told to keep this quiet. I don't really know why, besides maybe preventing panic, like I said, but he's stillout there. They've found 6 of his "dolls" over the last six months.
I want you all to be safe. Locking your doors might help, but I doubt it. Don't trust strange handsome men who want to get you alone.
He could be anywhere. He might even be in your house.
Submitted July 15, 2015 at 03:20AM by dinosaurscantyoyo http://ift.tt/1M4rQDT nosleep
No comments:
Post a Comment